Warm & Cozy

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Our first project in my intermediate sewing class was a hoodie. It was really fun to make and gave me little to no problems (which is always a plus). At the time I was making it we were just transitioning into fall, which meant there was a limited selection in sweatshirt material in stores. I found this lovely brown jersey variation at the Fabric Mill [If you have never been to the Fabric Mill and you love to sew or quilt, you absolutely have to go there! It has a great selection of designer prints... you are bound to find something great! I have promised myself NEVER to shop for fabric at JoAnn's again!]. It took about 6 classes to make complete the hoodie (pattern alterations included). I could not be happier! I still haven't put the ties/drawstrings into the hood so I guess it isn't completely finished, but looks good and it's wearable, and that's all that matters to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Life Made Simple All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger