Yesterday was Sunday and I was fixing for something semi-healthy to make... sans chocolate. So the first thing that came to my mind was zucchini bread. It's one of my favorite breads to bake other than banana. Growing up my mom would make it for us all of the time and it was definitely something I always looked forward to eating. After I had put the loaves into the oven I sent her a text to let her know what I was baking. She replied with, "made some yesterday." Great minds?
2/3 c. vegetable oil
2 c. sugar
2 c. grated zucchini
1/4 c. grated carrot
3 tsp. vanilla
3 c. flour
3 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
pinch of ginger
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 c. walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease two 8X4 loaf pans (I prefer PAM baking spray) or line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs. Mix in sugar, oil, zucchini, carrot and vanilla.
4. Combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, baking soda, baking powder and salt. One cup at a time, gently fold into wet ingredients and stir.
5. Add nuts to mixture or divide batter and pour into pans, sprinkling nuts on top.
6. Bake loaves for 60 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean (muffins take 20-25 minutes).