Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 c. semi-sweet mini morsel chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars. Add vanilla and egg, mix until incorporated.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, sift flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Mix in dry ingredients, one cup at a time, until smooth.
4. Add chocolate chips, fold in.
5. Place cookies on sheet using a standard scoop. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. (Since I made giant cookies I used 2 scoops of dough, patted them together, put 6 on a sheet, and baked them for 14 minutes).
6. Remove from oven and let cool on sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Adapted from Anna Olson- Chocolate Chip Cookies | Makes approximately 2 dozen