Graham Cracker S'mores Bars

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I came across this recipe one afternoon and immediately knew I had to make it. Something about baked s'mores just intrigued me. Also s'mores bring back a lot of good memories for me... like bonfires in the canyon with roommates and friends. So I made a few alterations to the original recipe and voilà! They're kind of amazing little things. When I was scooping the dough onto the graham crackers, I just wanted to eat a handful of it, and when they were baking it made our entire house smell hea-ven-ly. The process does require a little bit of time and certainly more work than standard cookie bars do, but I think you'll agree that the results are well worth it!

Graham Cracker S'mores Bars
Ingredients
11 tbsp. butter, room temperature
½ c. granulated sugar
1 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1½ tsp. vanilla
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. cinnamon
2½ c. flour
1¼ c. mini marshmallows
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chunks (Nestlé Toll House)
¾ c. mini semi-sweet morsels (Nestlé Toll House)
3 Hershey's bars, broken into squares (I used 1 regular, 2 dark)
2 sleeves honey graham crackers, broken into squares

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars (1-2 minutes).
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, soda, salt and cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
4. Add egg one at a time to butter mixture, gently beating after each addition. Add vanilla and mix.
5. Slowly begin to add flour mixture to the butter mixture, keeping the mixing speed low while doing so.
Once combined, remove and fold in 1c. mini marshmallows, mini morsels and chocolate chunks. Chill mixture in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
6. While mixture is chilling, prepare baking sheet (standard size, with sides) by lining it with parchment paper. Take graham crackers and break in half. Lay out onto sheet, until it is completely full (they should cover the entire sheet and cookies should be tight and touching- see picture).
7. Remove chilled dough from refrigerator and using a standard cookie scoop, place one ball of dough onto each cracker. use remaining dough to fill in the gaps. It may look like a lot of dough, but it all needs to run together in order to cover the entire sheet.
8. Place into oven for 6 minutes, then remove and press Hershey's bar pieces into top along with remaining 1/4 c. marshmallows (just fill in the gaps with them a little). Return to oven and bake for 5-7 minutes or until dough and marshmallows being to brown, making sure the dough is cooked through. Remove from oven and place sheet on a wire rack to cool. Once it is sufficiently cooled (20 minutes or so) place into refrigerator to solidify. Remove after an additional 20 minutes and cut into squares.
Adapted from Always With Butter | Makes approximately 30 bars

32 Comments:

  1. Great share! I just pinned it! Can't wait to make these....hopefully soon! I saw your share at Sweet Talkin' Sunday at the SweetTalk Shop. Looking forward to your future posts! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my you are going to help make my hips huge!! LOL Thanks for sharing and I WILL be trying these sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I might have to make these in the very near future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUH- UM! I shared your post on my FB Fan Page! Thanks for linking up! https://www.facebook.com/TheKurtzCorner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these look delicious! I love s'mores so I am defiantly going to try these. I love your blog layout by the way, very clean and crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. My. God. You didn't. These are amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look horrifyingly delicious - I want so badly to make them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this - great picture

    new follower

    visiting from WhipperBerry

    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness!! These look so gooey and yummy and delicious! We're so glad you joined us for "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Thanks and come back soon!! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you everyone for stopping by. These bars look good, but taste even better!!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my freakin' gosh... I gotta make these asap, they are making my mouth water! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks and sound so delicious! I have to pin this :)

    xo
    Myric@Petites Passions

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pinned and on the list to make for summer. Looks amazing!!

    The Farm Girl
    thefarmgirlrecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look amazing! Love the blog! I am your newest follower :) Have a great day
    Rebecca @ heronscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. My word! These are brilliant! I've pinned them to my "sweets" board. I'll be making them for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks so yummy!!! I definitely have to save it as a recipe to try. Thanks for sharing. Love your blog. Found you over on Something Swanky Thursday link party.

    ReplyDelete
  17. these look AMAZING! definitely pinning this, thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These bars are seriously outrageous! I made them last week and took some into work. Everyone flipped and I got about 4 requests for the recipe. I made mine in an 11"x8" baking dish and they a little bit doughy towards the bottom - so good and giving me the cookie/cookie dough fix. Love it! I'll be sharing your bars as my Father's Day post on the 17th. Thanks for the amazing recipe and inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so glad you liked them and that everyone else did! I look forward to seeing your Father's Day post! Thanks again for trying them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my golly! These look heavenly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. We tried these and LOOOOOVED them. Thanks so much for sharing, and I can't wait to make them again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for trying them! We think they're a keeper!

      Delete
  22. Pinning this one too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. whoa, such a perfect, mess-free rendition of the summer dessert classic! beautiful job you two!
    xo
    http://allykayler.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great! Pinning it! Thanks for sharing.:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks amazing! Can't wait to try it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just made these today & they look amazing! wonderful recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh boy, that recipe looks so good:) I can not wait to try it out. Thanks and have a beautiful day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  28. I did it with oatmeal cookie dough and cinnamon Graham's gooey and delicious.. thx

    ReplyDelete

Life Made Simple All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger