One of our favorite things to get at California Pizza Kitchen is their BBQ Chicken Pizza. Since we don't go there very often I decided to make my own version at home. Stephen and I both agree that it tastes just like it, if not better.
BBQ Chicken Pizza
1 ball pizza dough (I use this recipe)
1 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 5 chicken tenders
1/2 c. BBQ sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet & Spicy)
1 tsp. olive oil, to grease pan
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/4 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 of a red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 c. chopped cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place chicken breasts or tenders in a small ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with salt, then pour 1/4 c. of BBQ sauce over top. Turn chicken over to coat evenly. Bake for 20 minutes or so, until chicken is done. Remove and cut into slices. Set aside.
3. Increase oven temperature to 500 degrees. Prepare crust by rolling and placing onto a greased pan.
4. Spoon remaining BBQ sauce onto crust, spreading it evenly. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella over the sauce. Then top with chicken and red onion.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crust is brown and cheese begins to bubble. Remove from oven, garnish with chopped cilantro, let cool for 5 minutes, slice and serve.
Stephen + Natalie | Makes approximately 1 (10"-14") pizza