Chocolate Chunk Cookies
2½ c. all-purpose flour
1¼ tsp. baking soda
1½ tsp. salt
16 tbsp. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1½ tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar, packed
1½ c. semisweet chocolate, chopped into chunks
½ c. bittersweet chocolate (60%), chopped into chunks
Fleur de sel for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together butter, vanilla and sugars (medium speed for 2-3 minutes). Add the eggs one at a time, mixing in between additions. Turn mixing speed to low, slowly being to add dry ingredients, ⅓ at a time. Beat until just combined (1-2 minutes). Place in refrigerator to chill for 10-15 minutes.
4. Using a large cookie scoop (or a ¼ c. measuring cup) to form the cookies. Place onto prepared sheet, leaving at least 2 inches in between. Lightly press each cookie with the bottom of a glass. Sprinkle the tops of each with a little bit of the fleur de sel.
5. Place in oven and bake for 15-17 minutes, rotating the sheet half way through the baking process. Remove from oven when cookies are golden brown in color around the edges. Let cookies cool on pan for 3-4 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Adapted from The Back In The Day Bakery Cookbook, Chocolate Chip Cookies | Makes approximately 24 jumbo (DVD size) cookies