Freshly Baked Double Doozies

Thursday, August 30, 2012

It wasn't until my first trip to Florida that Stephen introduced me to the double doozie. It consists of a layer of frosting sandwiched between two giant chocolate chip or M&M cookies. I had never heard of or thought of such a thing. Probably because I'm not a huge fan of frosting... a little goes a long way, people. But after taking a few bites, I began to see just how addicting these things could be! Now it seems like every time we're near a mall with a Great American Cookies, we have to pick up a few (and some unfrosted cookies for me). Earlier this week I felt like making cookies and wanted to be a little creative, so I made my own version. I'd say these are just as good as the one's you'd get from the mall, if not a little better. Enjoy!

Double Doozies
Ingredients
1¾ c. flour
1 c. brown sugar
¼ c. sugar
¾ c. butter
1 egg + 1 yolk
1½ tsp. vanilla extract
½ tsp. salt
2 tsp. corn starch
1 tsp. baking soda
1 c. mini M&Ms or chocolate chips

Filling:
2 c. powdered sugar
½ c. butter, room temperature
3-4 tbsp. milk
¼ tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
¼ tsp. almond extract

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars. Add vanilla and egg, mix until incorporated.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, sift flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Mix in dry ingredients, one cup at a time, until smooth.
4. Add M&M's or chocolate chips, gently fold in.
5. Place cookies on sheet using a standard scoop. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. (Since I made giant cookies I used 2 scoops of dough, patted them together, put 6 on a sheet, flattened them, and baked them for 14 minutes).
6. Remove from oven and let cool on sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
7. While cookies are cooling, prepare frosting by beating together butter, milk, salt and extracts until light and fluffy. With mixing speed on low, slowly add the powdered sugar. Beat for 2-3 minutes. Pipe (or spread) onto cookies & sandwich.
Adapted from Anna Olson- Chocolate Chip Cookies | Makes approximately 2 dozen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Life Made Simple All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger