Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Just when you think I might be done adding more pumpkin recipes to the blog... I post a new one :) I promise the end is near! I have one more left and then I'll move on! Anyway, I felt like making cookies a while back and since I had never tried making pumpkin cookies, I thought I'd give them a try. Now I know there have been a lot of new recipes out there for crisp/chewy pumpkin cookies, however this is not one of them. These are puffy, soft and dare I say cake-like. They're your "traditional" pumpkin cookies. I know not everyone is a fan, but I promise these babies are good! If you're not too wild about the chocolate chip pumpkin combo, you can always ditch them and go the butterscotch route, or even do cinnamon chips instead! Enjoy and happy baking!

Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients
2 c. all-purpose flour
¾ c. sugar
¼ c. brown sugar
½ c. vegetable oil
1 egg
1 c. solid-pack pumpkin puree
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. semisweet chocolate chips*

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a Silpat mat, set aside.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine sugars, vegetable oil, pumpkin puree and vanilla. Mix on medium for about 1 minute. Add egg, mixing until just combined.
3. In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. With mixing speed on low, gradually add the dry ingredients, mixing until no flour pockets remain. Remove bowl from stand and fold in the chocolate chips by hand.
4. Scoop onto prepared sheets and place in oven to bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are firm and light brown in color. Remove from oven and allow to cool on sheets for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
*NOTE: I used 1½ c. regular size chocolate chips and ½ c. mini chocolate chips, however, I realize most people don't have minis on hand so the recipe calls for 2 c. of regular size chips.
Adapted from All Recipes, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies III | Makes approximately 24 standard size cookies

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Life Made Simple All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger