Chex Snack Mix

Monday, December 30, 2013

Chex Snack Mix
The first time I spent Christmas in Florida with Stephen's family his mom made a giant batch of Chex mix. We gobbled it down over the course of a few days and begged her to make more. If I remember correctly, she even gave us bags of it to take back to Utah with us! It's pretty addictive. So this year just before Christmas I stocked up on Chex cereal because I knew Stephen would want me to make some. Unfortunately he didn't get much. I scarfed it down and left crumbs for him to pick at. Embarrassing, I know, but it's such a great little snack! I like to add a few extra things to ours like cheese crackers and rye chips because I think they add great flavor and texture to the mix. And when I'm in the mood I'll toss in some cayenne pepper to spice things up, but don't worry it's really subtle. I hope you'll give our version a try- it won't disappoint!

Chex Snack Mix
Ingredients
10 c. Corn Chex cereal
2 c. Cheez-It crackers
1 c. pretzels
1 c. Gardetto's roasted garlic rye chips
1 c. mixed nuts
9 tbsp. butter
3 tbsp. worcestershire sauce
2¼ tsp. Lawry's seasoned salt
1¹⁄₈ tsp. garlic powder
¾ tsp. onion powder
¹⁄₈ tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. 
2. In a large roasting pan (one with nice deep sides), mix cereal, crackers, pretzels, rye chips and nuts, set aside. Melt butter a small microwaveable bowl. Whisk in worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne pepper. Pour over cereal mixture and toss with a large spatula until evenly coated.
3. Place in oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and spread onto parchment paper (or paper towels) to cool for about 20 minutes before serving.
Adapted from Original Chex® Party Mix | Makes approximately 12 servings

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Life Made Simple All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger