Introducing: The Peacoat

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Finally, it's done. I'll no longer have night terrors about it. I can't even begin to explain the burden that has been lifted off of my shoulders. It's hard to imagine just how much time and effort I've put into this project. In my advanced clothing construction class we had to make peacoats with notched or built-in collars. Unfortunately the pattern I wanted to use with my really cool wool didn't meet the requirements, so I had to choose a very basic pattern and very simple wool. I decided to design the ruffle. At first I had three tiers, but it ended up looking like a Betsy Johnson tutu gone wrong. So I ripped it off and created one slightly ruffled layer. Then we had to create a lining. I had no idea just how much work went into lining something. I can't imagine I'll ever do it again, but I've certainly enjoyed learning all of the tricks and techniques. I feel like I have learned so much in this class, I wish there was more, but that's it, I've reached the end of the road. I'm sad that I won't be around to take the swimsuit class, because I'd love to learn how to make them, but who knows, maybe I'll be daring enough to try one out on my own.


Disclaimer
I know this is a HORRIBLE picture and view, but it's the best I could do considering
I was in class and now the coat is in Florida. I promise it looks much better on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Life Made Simple All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger