Pint sized sophistication

Saturday, May 28, 2011

My latest project was inspired by a stroll down the sale aisle at Joann's. What can I say, I love getting a good deal. How good? This little girl's dress only cost $10 to make. That includes fabric, trims, buttons and the pattern. Gotta love Memorial Day deals! I slightly altered the pattern to make it more how I envisioned it, but they were basic changes. Stephen said it looks like a tiny cocktail dress, I think it looks like a mini Anthropologie dress. My only change would be adding more fullness to the skirt (it looks a lot less full because it's tied in the back). If there's one piece of advice I'd give to my fellow sewers, it would be to get creative! Don't let the pattern or the pictures dictate what you make. There are so many fun things you can do to make projects unique and stylish! Happy sewing!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Life Made Simple All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger