here in Florida looks like a dive. Ok, it kind of is. But it's really yummy and they make these little things called pizza muffins (savory little pizza rolls), and boy are they good! Stephen and I have made them at home a couple of times. Here are some instructions for my quick and easy muffins.
[note ingredients can be changed according to preference]*Pizza Muffins
1/2 c. chopped pepperoni
1/2 c. chopped ham (thicker cut deli ham works great)
1 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 c. parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 c. pizza sauce, seasoned to liking
(I combine tomato paste and sauce, add oregano, basil, freshly sauteed garlic and a pinch of salt & sugar)
Pizza dough (store bought or you can use this recipe)
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
2. Roll out pizza dough as if you were making cinnamon rolls (into a rectangular shape).
3. Spread pizza sauce evenly across surface of dough.
4. Sprinkle pepperoni and ham and 1 1/2 c. of cheese on top of sauce.
5. Roll up dough carefully into log and pinch the ends to close. Cut 12 even slices and place into a greased (pam is works better than butter) regular muffin pan.
6. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella & parmesan cheese on top of each muffin and place into oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
* Note: you can substitute pepperoni and ham for veggies, sausage or chicken.