16 oz. semisweet or bittersweet Ghiradelli chocolate
½ c. + 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1¾ c. brown sugar
4 tbsp. butter, room temperature
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1 tbsp. vanilla
1 Ghiradelli Sea Salt Soiree Bar, coarsely chopped
16 soft caramels, chopped into very small bits
Sea salt for garnish (optional)
1. Preaheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper (or a silpat mat), set aside.
2. In a double broiler, melt butter and plain chocolate. Remove from heat when smooth.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together sugar and eggs. Add vanilla and cooled chocolate/butter mixture. Mix until incorporated.
4. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. With mixing speed on low, gradually add, mix until just combined. Remove bowl from stand and fold in chopped caramel bits and chopped Sea Salt Soiree bar. Chill in refrigerator for at least 45 minutes (you have to refrigerate the dough).
5. Scoop 2" balls onto a lined baking sheet and sprinkle with sea salt. Place in oven and bake for 15-17 minutes or until edges look set. Remove from oven and allow to cool on sheet for 5-10 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Adapted from Bon Appétit, Giant Chocolate-Toffee Cookies | Make approximately 2 dozen