Salty Caramel Puddle Cookies

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

 
Who doesn't love a super chewy and chocolatey cookie? Stephen and I had been craving something with chocolate in it, so I made a half batch of these. They came out soft in the center and tasted like a brownie would. They were absolutely decadent! The combination of chocolate and caramel along with the added nuts and sea salt is heavenly! Oh, and trust me, these aren't going to be super salty, they've just got the perfect hint of salt which you can omit if desired. If you need something to satisfy your sweet tooth, I'd highly recommend making some of these!

Salty Caramel Chocolate Cookies
Ingredients
16 oz. semisweet or bittersweet Ghiradelli chocolate
½ c. + 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1¾ c. brown sugar
4 tbsp. butter, room temperature
4 eggs
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1 tbsp. vanilla
1 Ghiradelli Sea Salt Soiree Bar, coarsely chopped
16 soft caramels, chopped into very small bits
Sea salt for garnish (optional)

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preaheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper (or a silpat mat), set aside.
2. In a double broiler, melt butter and plain chocolate. Remove from heat when smooth.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together sugar and eggs. Add vanilla and cooled chocolate/butter mixture. Mix until incorporated.
4. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. With mixing speed on low, gradually add, mix until just combined. Remove bowl from stand and fold in chopped caramel bits and chopped Sea Salt Soiree bar. Chill in refrigerator for at least 45 minutes (you have to refrigerate the dough).
5. Scoop 2" balls onto a lined baking sheet and sprinkle with sea salt. Place in oven and bake for 15-17 minutes or until edges look set. Remove from oven and allow to cool on sheet for 5-10 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Adapted from Bon Appétit, Giant Chocolate-Toffee Cookies | Make approximately 2 dozen

14 Comments:

  1. Yum! I wish we lived next door, I would come over and steal one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The next time I'm craving chocolat, I'm definitly going to bake these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am seriously drooling! Those look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would SOOO love these. I make a non-chocolate version that is to die for..but my recipe calls for caramel ice cream topping in the dough. Maybe you could use the caramel bits in this instead of having to chop the caramels? Just a thought...thanks so much for linking up at Weekend Potluck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so delicious!! yum yum :]

    www.jbseatsandtreats.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks and sounds so yummy! This meet all my requirements, salty, caramel and chocolate, what more could a girl want. Thanks for sharing your inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is my kind of cookie...fudgey brownie like with caramel and sea salt!! Dang, now I want those instead of the salad I am making for dinner:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this may be the most beautiful cookie I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete

Life Made Simple All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger