January & February, according to instagram

Monday, February 18, 2013

It's been a while since I've done an update about the two of us. We're still alive... barely.
 Stephen has been swamped with school and church callings and I've been working 24/7 and fighting off one thing after another. Currently it's a sinus infection that's been keeping me in bed and out of the kitchen. Sad, I know! Thankfully I was still able to attend the Build Your Blog Conference with my sister-in-law Emily. We had such a fun time meeting new people and learning some great tips for our blogs. The highlight of the conference (at least for me) was getting to meet Maria from Two Peas & Their Pod and Amanda from Kevin & Amanda- you can see our picture with them here. Anyway, I thought I'd share some snapshots of what we did during January and what we've been up to this February.
January started off with freezing temperatures and a lot of snow // It piled up in a matter of hours!
I made one of my favorite kinds of pot stickers- gyoza // I also rolled out some fresh tomato fettuccine 
The tree in our front yard was perfectly flocked with fresh powder // Piles of snow at the grocery store
Stephen's friends from Florida came to visit/ski and James brought everyone t-shirts of himself :)
Out playing in 10+ inches of snow // We had icicles growing outside of our kitchen window
Stephen found a friend at Scheels // We made a Krispy Kreme run... love those glazed blueberry ones!
Being crazy with Mandy at the My Recipe Magic launch party // Date night with Stephen
Baking with Blondie // Making French macarons with Mandy at work (Sur La Table)

I just wanted to thank you for being so patient when things have been slow. Hopefully within the next few days I will start feeling better and things will get back on track- fingers crossed!

5 Comments:

  1. Thanks for having me! I had a great time, hope you're feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun round up of pics. I love getting an inside glimpse of bloggers' lives (in a completely non-creepy way). I even more love it when they're from my city (also in a non-creepy way) because I recognize some key places... and with that, i've got to tell you how much I loooove red iguana. one of our favorite spots.
    also, you should know that as I was going through all my cards, when I got to your blog, I had to pin your header for design inspiration because i just love it. i love the simplicity and elegance it portrays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a recipe for the macaroons or an online tutorial? Debbie from Wantsandwishesdesign.com & met you at the BYB;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't yet, though I've made several different kinds. I will definitely have to post one in the near future! Is there a particular kind (flavor combo) that you are interested in?

      Delete

Life Made Simple All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger